AOS - Electrical Construction and Maintenance Electrician
This program provides in-depth instruction in the theories and principles of electricity. You’ll study and learn to interpret and apply the requirements of the National Electric Code for designing electrical layouts, installation methods, and the maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of electrical circuits and equipment. Practical (hands-on) application of the classroom theory is the main emphasis of the laboratory work. You’ll assist in the design and installation of the electrical installations of many projects both on and off campus. In your senior year, you’ll create completely automated projects in the lab using PLCs, pneumatics, motors, and process controls.
Program Student Learning Outcomes
- Read, interpret, and apply technical information from the National Electrical Code.
- Perform basic and complex mathematical equations as they apply to the electrical trade.
- Perform layout, design, and installation for commercial and industrial wiring systems.
- Perform entry-level layout, design, and installation of residential wiring systems.
- Apply combined knowledge to perform maintenance and troubleshooting procedures within the electrical trade.
- Students will develop an understanding of efficiency, design, and NEC requirements as pertaining to renewable energy systems.
- Design, sizing, layout, and selection of equipment for the electrical systems within a residential dwelling.